* You’re going for a long trip with the household, and are involved that the 10 year old minivan isn’t up to the task. Nothing can ruin a summer vacation faster than car trouble. Having to waste valuable time on locating a reliable mechanic in the beach town 500 miles from your home can be quite a trying experience. You can forgo that risk by renting a car. Rent a car in Dubai
* Your leased vehicle is approaching its mileage limit, and the lease doesn’t expire for another month. Lease penalties for excessive mileage can range from $0.05 per mile to $0.20 per mile. As opposed to taking that 200 mile business trip in your leased car, spend $30 and rent a vehicle; it will basically pay for itself in offset excessive mileage.
* You’re thinking about selling your 4 year old car, but not until you return from your own annual family camping trip. In this example you will need to not only think about the miles you will undoubtedly be forgoing, but in addition the excess wear and tear from driving on back roads that you will avoid.
* Your son or daughter just finished his first year at college and has accumulated a good level of “stuff” that won’t fit in the household sedan. If you do not want to really make the round trip drive, many rental car agencies allow 1-way rentals at no additional charge. Be sure you confirm you will find no additional charges for 1-way rentals when you book.
* Your closest friend from senior high school is flying out with her family of 4 to go to you and your family of 3 making your practical wagon not so practical, at least for the long weekend they’ll be in town.
* You’ve a sales call at a company located over 200 miles from your own home. You have the option of driving your SUV that gets 20 miles per gallon highway, or renting a vehicle that gets over 30 miles per gallon. With gas prices approaching $3.00 per gallon it’s wise to rent a vehicle for the day.
You’ll find so many other instances when driving a rental car makes more sense than driving your car. The main element point is to avoid considering car rentals simply as a final resort to be used only if you are on vacation and when your car is in the shop. Removing this mindset will save you money in the short and long run.